It seems strange that someone could die within minutes of eating peanuts, or shellfish, or after getting stung by a bee. That extreme allergic reaction starts with anaphylaxis and goes down hill rapidly into anaphylactic shock. It’s important to know what it is, how to recognize it and what to do when it happens. Today, Dr. Nedd will discuss:
- What are the most common things that people react to and which lead to anaphylactic shock.
- What are the signs and symptoms you should be very aware of that might indicate the start of anaphylactic shock.
- Why the epinephrine in EpiPens can help save someone’s life but don’t completely stop the anaphylactic shock by itself.
- What you can do if you suspect someone is having an anaphylaxis reaction.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Nedd Chiropractic & Wellness Center
Phone: (727) 467-0775
1221 Cleveland St.
Clearwater, FL 33755